Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My Mood is Upbeat...

As I left work this today the sky was full of sun, the air has a fresh autumn feel and it's one of those kind of late afternoons you want to capture in a jar as though it were a firefly to admire. This no doubt has contributed to an upbeat mood.

Also on a positive note I had a spark of creative energy while driving today that has found its way to paper, a start for a rough draft. I'm hopeful that I can pull more out of it yet this evening, but I will not force it. It's best that way.

I had a new poem accepted this week for publication in The Flask Review. The year has been good for my work. I want to keep focused on the fact that there remains time still to commit to even more quality work and more submissions. It's not a time for rest, rather for persistence.

No comments: